A selection of some of the projects I'Ve worked on
"I have used Matt’s services for beta/structural reading and his work was thorough, thoughtful, and professional. His advice is concise and he pulls no punches, and my manuscripts are absolutely better off for taking his comments seriously. It is clear Matt loves his work, and takes great pride in it. I have no hesitation in recommending his services."
- Mitchell Hogan, Aurealis Award winner and author of A Crucible Of Souls.
“Matthew Summers provides the editorial attention that every writer should demand – insightful and professional feedback with a level of creativity that has always improved my work. Matthew is committed to turning your manuscript into the best version that it can be, and I highly recommend him and his services.”
– Greig Beck, bestselling author of Beneath the Dark Ice and Fathomless.
“Matthew Summers has a great eye for detail and a powerful awareness of story, plot, and character. Whether it’s a simple manuscript assessment or a detailed structural edit, he’ll make your work better.”
– Alan Baxter, multi award-winning author of Bound and Crow Shine.
“Having worked with Matthew for the last two years, he is diligent, hard-working, and with an eye for detail and storytelling that comes almost naturally. I value Matthew’s input with my own work, and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him to other writers – your tales will be better for it.”
– AJ Spedding, editor and award-winning author of The Road to Golgotha and Shovel-Man Joe.
“Matthew Summers is a master. With a natural eye for all things structure, he knows just how to focus your characters and conflict into a novel that can’t be put down.”
– Devin Madson, author of The Blood of Whisperers and winner of Mark Lawrence’s ‘Battle of the Bards’ flash fiction competition.
"Matthew's keen eye and sharp intellect makes him an invaluable resource to writers. He has a penchant for honing a story's strengths and bolstering its weaknesses. I always feel more confident sharing my work after Matthew has analysed it."
- N. X. Sharps, co-author of From the Ice They Came.
"Having worked with Matthew Summers for a long while now, I have been constantly impressed with his passion, his drive, his sense of work and ethics, and his constant desire for perfection in all the things he does. For me, Matthew embodies everything an editor can and should be. Focused, determined, hard-working, fast and always striving for excellence. I would not hesitate to work with him again, and would always recommend him for any job, big or small."
- Geoff Brown, publisher, editor and award-winning author of The Road to Golgotha.